Laboratory Inspector - Employment Opportunity
With the continuing expansion of our certification programs, CCIL requires lab inspectors.
These are part-time positions - particularly well suited to personnel with a materials testing background who wish to use their technical knowledge and experience to supplement their income. Duties require travel, which may at times be out of province, and the use of a personal vehicle.
If you're interested, email your resume to the CCIL Certification Program Manager at email@example.com
Reporting to the CCIL Certification Program Manager, you will be responsible for the inspection of CCIL certified testing laboratories and the evaluation of laboratory testing staff.
- Inspection of CCIL certified testing laboratories, as may be assigned
- Administering practical tests and written examinations relating to evaluation of laboratory testing staff
- Scheduling your own work hours in co-ordination with laboratories to be inspected
- Preparing and submitting lab inspection reports and other related certification documents
- Other duties as may be assigned by the CCIL Certification Program Manager
- Practical, hands-on laboratory testing experience in one or more areas of concrete, asphalt and aggregates
- Familiarity with ISO 17025 standards and Quality Management Procedures
- Experience with laboratory personnel training
- Experience dealing with outside agencies, i.e. consultants, contractors, and government agencies
- MS Office; Word, Excel, Outlook (email)
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good planning, organization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Team player, ability to work well with people